Wednesday, November 18, 2015

NFS Volume Max Out Error Message in vSphere 5.5

A few days ago, I tried mounting a NFS volume I created to my ESXi hosts and I get the following annoying error message:

Failed to mount to server xxx.xxx.xxxx.xxx mount point /mnt/nfs-share/subdir/subdir. NFS has reached the maximum number of supported volumes.

Gosh it is annoying! So I decide to share the solution on this quick post here. It is very simple and undisruptive ( no reboot to any of the ESXi host require) That is alwas good right?

From the vSphere Client:

  1. Select the ESXi host you want to mount the NFS volume
  2. Under the Configuration Tab, select Software Advanced Settings
  3. Select NFS, look for NFS.MaxVolumes You will notice the default value is 8
  1. Change the value to a number between the Min and Max Range, I normally select the Max
                 5. Click OK and that's it no reboot require or anything. Repeat all this steps to the rest of your hosts.

If you are a vSphere Web Client admin, here are the step I followed:

  1. Go to Host and Cluster
  2. Select the host I need to mount the NFS volume
  3. Under Manage Tab, Settings, Select Advanced System Settings
  1. Search for the NFS.MaxVolumes on the Filter field at the top right hand side or just simple scroll down until you find it
  1. Click on the Edit Pencil at the left hand side
  1. Enter the Value require, I personally enter the Max allowed:

  1. Click OK and you are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment