Monday, June 22, 2015

HTTP Status 404 - /triton/pages/eipProductContainer.jsf on Triton Websense Security Appliance Portal



After Rebooting a Websense Triton Web Security Appliance, I was unable to access the web portal due to the following error:

HTTP Status 404 - /triton/pages/eipProductContainer.jsf

Very frustrating specially when your IT VP needs to get a site blocked right away! So after many trial and error, I found this great respond from the Websense Forum with someone else having the exact issue, here is the link:  http://community.websense.com/forums/t/32246.aspx 

I put together the steps I followed to get the portal back online:

 1. Stop TRITON Web Security Stop TRITON Unified Security Center Stop TRITON Web Server Stop TRITON Settings    Database

2. Start TRITON Settings Database Start TRITON Web Server Start TRITON Unified Security Center Start TRITON       Web Security Wait for the services to fully start.

3
. You should now be able to connect to TRITON.


NOTE: Please, start and stop each service in the same sequence mention on each steps.


 After I followed this steps, I was able to access the web portal no issues. If none of this steps resolved the issue, I suggest to visit the link I posted for other steps to follow since this steps once again, were able to resolved my current issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment